Table of Topics
- 1. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” –Bill Gates
- 2. “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here.” –Steve Jobs
- 3. “Take the stones people throw at you, and use them to build a monument.” -Ratan Tata
- 4. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk.” –Mark Zuckerberg
- 5. “Don’t confuse schooling with education. I didn’t go to Harvard but the people that work for me did.” –Elon Musk
- 6. “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.” –Jeff Bezos
If you are someone new to the world of startups and businesses, then we are here to motivate and inspire you to think big, work hard and manage amazingly. And if you are already well established with your business and are looking for some wise words from the aces of this game to step up your own game, then take a look at these 6 Business Quotes from the most successful Entrepreneurs that the world has ever seen. We have handpicked quotes from the biggest entrepreneurs of our time that will teach you about business, critics, failures, success, and much more. And if you find these inspiring, then take a look at more of these Powerful Business Quotes that we have compiled to keep you motivated throughout your journey.
So here are the best words of wisdom from the people who were not afraid of dreaming and taking risks and they made their ideas into the best industries and enterprises that will ever be. Take a look at these inspiring Business Quotes and Sayings from Successful Business magnates and be inspired:
1. “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.” –Bill Gates
These words by the co-founder of Microsoft pens down the importance of not letting success get to our head. Life is unpredictable and risky and so is your business. Although you can calculate the risk but nobody knows anything in this world with certainty. So what you can do when you succeed is always be prepared for bumps in your ride with humbleness and be prepared for accepting and learning from failures.
2. “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why else even be here.” –Steve Jobs
The co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple, who was once forced to leave his own company Apple, never stopped believing in his role for the universe. He knew that a few failures were too small for him to stop him from pursuing what he was meant to achieve and do. So always believe in yourself and know that you have a role to play that is important for this world and you can make a change (dent) in the universe.
3. “Take the stones people throw at you, and use them to build a monument.” -Ratan Tata
Remember, the world would never be ready for big leaps, but if you are, then do not let anyone stop you. Believe in yourself as Ratan Tata believes in himself. As whenever anyone starts something new and out of box, people start throwing stones of criticism and pessimism. And what you can do is grab the stones, look for whether the criticism is worth some truth or not. Then if it is true, try to mend it and if it is false, ignore, because the person who threw it is probably envious of you.
4. “The biggest risk is not taking any risk.” –Mark Zuckerberg
Do you know that the co-founder and CEO of Facebook is Harvard dropout? Like people spend years to get in Ivy League colleges and then some person drops out of them to pursue his risky website. And what if Mark had thought that this thing was too risky to do? Then either we would not have Facebook today or some other person would have developed something similar and Zuckerberg might be lost. Risks and businesses go hand in hand, but always calculate and analyze before taking one.
5. “Don’t confuse schooling with education. I didn’t go to Harvard but the people that work for me did.” –Elon Musk
Schooling and education are important; but more important is having a skill and polishing it to make it something great. That is what the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX does. Mugging up books and writing exams is never enough. Schools and universities are just like launch pads which teach you the bare minimum. They might give you opportunities of learning, socializing, and exposures but you must be willing enough to grab them. So find something that interests you and do it with all your heart and do not forget to complete your basic education along with that.
6. “If you double the number of experiments you do per year you’re going to double your inventiveness.” –Jeff Bezos
The birth of anything new and revolutionary starts with a tiny idea form out of a creative brain. Further, it needs will and courage to pursue the idea and make something real and beautiful out of it. The founder of Amazon believes in not only having ideas but trying out each one of them out. The math here is if you try out 10 new things in a year, then you might fail in 6. But then you succeed in 4 and one of them might be a mammoth. So now you have 3 successful ventures and 1 that has the ability to impact the whole world. So ultimately you have succeeded. Congrats.
Motivation and inspiration can come from something as simple as words and then they can take you a long way. So whenever you feel stuck, just look at the words of the aces of your field and you will be inspired. Trust me, it is easy and does not take much time and quotes are the most powerful way to channelize someone else’s energy into you. Have a great day ahead.