Table of Topics
- 1. “Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on.”- Michael Jackson
- 2. “It takes time to get a dance right, to create something memorable.”- Fred Astaire
- 3. “Dance is the purest expression of every emotion, earthly and spiritual.”- Anna Pavlova
- 4. “You live as long as you dance.”- Rudolf Nureyev
- 5. “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”- Martha Graham
- 6. “You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams.”- Gene Kelly
- 7. “Dance is the pure language of the soul- it’s been with us from the very beginning.”- Patrick Swayze
- 8. “I don’t remember not dancing. When I realized I was alive and these were my parents, and I could walk and talk, I could dance.”- Gregory Hines
Dance is everything, art, hobby, passion, expression, workout and food for the soul. It is a beautiful art form that can mesmerize the dancer and the spectator like nothing else. When you dance, your heart and soul dance too and when you see anyone else dance beautifully, they appear like a divine element, moving like fresh and warm breeze of air, filling the atmosphere with music and life. So if you are a dancer, or you aspire to be a dancer, or you love watching people dance, then take a look at these Dance Quotes by the most famous dancers of all times and their meaning to some extent, that we have tried to depict to our best capacity, so read ahead and be inspired to tap a foot:
1. “Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on.”- Michael Jackson
He is long gone but we still remember his moves and his dance, just like he said. People who write their life stories through the ink of their passion and heart live on forever, for ages, inspiring generations after generations like Michael Jackson. Dancers or no dancers, everyone knows him, and for what? Because he did what his heart desired and he wrote history with his passion.
2. “It takes time to get a dance right, to create something memorable.”- Fred Astaire
Just like everything else in this world, dance requires practice to be phenomenal and to reach perfection. Although anyone can dance and everyone should dance, because it is the best way to distress and to enjoy. But to create a memorable art out of it, requires hard work, patience, evaluation, practice and time. So take your time at whatever you are good at, enjoy, feel and improve every day, one step at a time.
3. “Dance is the purest expression of every emotion, earthly and spiritual.”- Anna Pavlova
Every art form was born out of the necessity of expression. Every art work holds a hidden meaning in itself that comes from deep inside the heart of the artist. If you can decipher the artwork of an artist, you can decipher the heart of his too. Anger, love, passion, sensuality, affection, rage, there is nothing that a dancer cannot imply through a dance form. And if you think of it, every dance form is actually born out from an emotion. So try and reach the depth.
4. “You live as long as you dance.”- Rudolf Nureyev
An artist lives as long as his art lives. But with dance, it is not like that you have to excel it to enjoy it. With dance, move like no one is watching, enjoy your own body, enjoy your confidence and enjoy yourself. It is a kind of art form that when you begin to enjoy it, you begin to gain life and confidence and once you start enjoying it, you can never stop until you die. So dance your life away with grace and amazing moves.
We often hear people say, sing even if you can’t, dance even if you can’t. Why do we emphasize so much on taking up an art form? Because, they are the best ways to express yourself. Art is the best way to speak volumes without needing to say the exact words or without even saying a word. So sing, dance, write, recite, paint or draw, whatever you like the closest and express your soul in a calm and artistic way.
6. “You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams.”- Gene Kelly
Through dance, you can express any and every emotion that a human can possibly feel. You can dance in love, you can dance in happiness, you can dance in anger and hatred and you can dance in pain and sorrow too. And you will realize, the depth of your emotion and be able to endure it and if it’s a negative one, and be able to take a dip in it if it’s a positive one. And people who watch you, will know, the unspoken.
7. “Dance is the pure language of the soul- it’s been with us from the very beginning.”- Patrick Swayze
From centuries, dance has been a form of art that has been widespread throughout every country or culture. It is a way of self-expression and entertainment that people love from as long ago as we know. Every country and culture has their dance forms that they treasure and celebrate. And hence we can say that it is a language that we speak, that was spoken by our forefathers too, with same level of passion and love for it.
8. “I don’t remember not dancing. When I realized I was alive and these were my parents, and I could walk and talk, I could dance.”- Gregory Hines
When an artist is born, he is born to embrace his art from the day he can remember. And then through love and passion, he reaches heights and leaves behind a legacy that is remembered and celebrated for ages.
- 6 Inspiring Business Quotes From The Most Successful Entrepreneurs Ever
- 6 Learning Quotes You Will Ever Need To Learn Forever
So these were few of the best and handpicked Dance Quotes and Sayings that will inspire you to dance your heart out so that you can express yourself in the best way possible. Get inspired from the best and dance like no one is watching, because it is fun and have a great day ahead.
Please Do Follow Us: