Who does not know about the Burj Khalifa, the world’s largest building? If you did not know this then let me tell you the largest building in the world is the Burj Khalifa, located in Dubai which is one of the world’s richest cities. In this post, we are going to tell you interesting facts about the Burj Khalifa you will be surprised to know about these Burj Khalifa facts.
The height of the skyscraper Burj Khalifa is 829.8 meters. The construction of the building took six years and cost 8 billion dollars. Its construction began on 6 January 2004 and was officially inaugurated on January 4, 2010.
Let’s get into some of the most interesting Burj Khalifa facts.
15 Interesting Facts About Burj Khalifa
- The Burj Khalifa took 6 years to build and cost $ 8 billion.
- This project was prepared by 12000 laborers working day and night to build Burj Khalifa, the world’s largest building.
- More than 1,10,000 tons of concrete, more than 55,000 tons of steel rebar have been installed in the building construction.
- On seeing the Burj Khalifa, it is felt that this building is made of glass and steel. The outer covering of the building is made up of 26,000 glass panels.
- The Burj Khalifa building is 824 meters high and 164 storeys, the tallest in the world.
- Due to the height, the temperature at the top floors of the building is 15 ° C lower than the ground floor.
- There are 58 lifts within the Burj Khalifa and 2957 car parking space is also available along with 304 hotels and about 900 apartments.
- The lift of this building operates at a speed of 65 kilometers per hour and reaches the observation deck ‘At the top’ on the 124th floor of the building in just two minutes. From this telescope on the observation deck, tourists can see the view of Dubai.
- The Burj Khalifa has a system of accommodation of 35000 people simultaneously.
- Another interesting Burj Khalifa fact is the height of this building is such that it can be seen from 95 kilometers away.
- According to the website www.burjkhalifa.ae, the water supply department for the tower supplies 9,46,000 liters of Oatsan throughout the day.
- The Kerala-born businessman, George V Nereaparambil, who owns 22 apartments in Burj Khalifa.
- Burj Khalifa was created by Samsung Engineering Construction of South Korea, which has worked for famous buildings before.
- Burj Khalifa is so tall that you can watch the sunset two times a day, from the base of the building, get into an elevator right to the top, and watch the sunset all over again.
- Two French jumpers Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen have made a record of leaping over the Burj Khalifa.
World Records by Burj Khalifa
- The tallest building in the world
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world
- The highest number of stories in the world
- Highest occupied floor in the world
- The highest outdoor observation deck in the world
- Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world
- Tallest service elevator in the world
We hope you found these Facts About Burj Khalifa interesting. If you want more interesting facts, then you can subscribe to our newsletter by dropping your email in the subscription box given below, we will keep giving you similar new updates weekly, you can like our Facebook page and also connect to our Instagram.