The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is the Portal of Indian Railways for Online Ticketing, Catering Services, and Tourism operations. Launched in 2002, this web portal has about 59 lakh, daily users, with more than 10 lakh tickets being reserved every day.
IRCTC e-ticket Booking: New Tatkal booking rules
Indian Railways have recently amended some TATKAL BOOKING RULES for the online reservation. To strengthen the online reserved ticketing system and to avoid misuse of any facility of tatkal booking, these new rules have been made.
Let’s Take a look at the several measures where it is implemented:
- 6 tickets (maximum) can be booked with one user ID in one month and if the ID is verified (if Aadhar ID is linked to the account), then the count of permitted bookings gets increased to 12.
- A user can have only one session open from a browser or from multiple windows of the same browser or different browser at the same time.
- Only two tickets can be booked during opening advance reservation period between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- Instant book functionality (single page for ticket booking) is not accessible from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- In addition to the CAPTCHA Code, an additional security question is asked randomly after the passenger details input page, which is related to the user’s personal information like the user name, mobile number, email, etc.
- Regardless of the number of passengers, only 25 seconds are provided for filling the details of the passengers in the passenger’s detailed form.
- To carry out payment, a minimum time check is set at 10 seconds and a minimum input time has been set at 5 seconds for different input pages.
- According to the new Tatkal booking rules, Ticket agents are not permitted to book tickets from 08:00 am to 08:30 am, 10:00 am to 10:30 am at the time of AC Tatkal booking, and from 11:00 am to 11:30 am at the time of Sleeper Tatkal.
These are some of the tatkal booking rules which are recently changed by IRCTC.
However, there is no refund on canceling the confirmed instant ticket. But according to the commercial circular no. 52, issued on June 30, in the year 2006, if these situations arise, the full amount of your immediate ticket will be refunded.
Now Let’s see what are those 6 situations when you can ask for the refund of your money :
- If the train is more than three hours late, the passengers can claim the refund (get back) of the full amount of the fare.
- A passenger can also demand his full ticket amount back when the route of the train has been diverted and the passenger does not want to travel on that route.
- Those passengers who have booked tatkal tickets can demand a full refund when the route of the train has been changed and the train does not pass through the station from which the passenger has to board or where he was going. In such a situation, the Railways will return your entire money.
- The coach in which the tatkal arrangement was made, if that coach was not attached and if the passenger has not been provided accommodation in the same class then the passenger may demand a refund of his entire money.
- If the passenger did the reservation in one class but he got accommodation in a lower class and he did not want to travel in that class. In that case, he will get his money refunded. Also, let’s say that if he travels in that lower class, then he will be entitled to a refund which will be the difference between the immediate charge of the two classes.
- In the case of RAC and wait-listed tickets, the refund will be done only when the confirmed ticket is available for cancellation 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
A new version of the IRCTC website launched:
Some days before, the IRCTC website was revamped. It has a completely new and better user interface which is mobile friendly as well (yes, no more pinch zooming would be needed on the phone). The latest features have been added to the portal to make sure the users have a better experience. You can visit it here.
Hope we share these tatkal booking rules very early to you 🙂
You May Also Like